piektdiena, 2010. gada 30. jūlijs

WUOC recap

WUOC was a big disappointment and a good lesson. I wasn't prepared for the very tough terrain of the long distance neither the few hills of the middle distance, which resulted in places 52 and 31, respectively. the reason was obvious - most of my trainings in San Diego didn't include any runs on soft ground or significant uphills. I felt good only when running on paths and in the relatively flat relay terrain where we finished 13th. now with that in mind I am going to put more emphasis on strength to be in better shape for the Latvian champs (09/4-5) and possibly Finnish champs (09/18-19). for the next month my favorite track will be the somewhat hilly 2.5K cross country lap in Biķernieki next to my work. at the same time I will start doing longer runs to improve my stamina for the Berlin marathon that comes right after.
here are some pictures from the WUOC banquet.

07/12-07/18
p. -
o. -
t. 6x400@1:13
c. -
p. 2x2.5K@10:30 (krosa aplis)
s. -
s. orient 30 min (sprint model)

07/19-07/25
p. orient 40 min (model)
o. orient 90 min (long)
t. easy 25 min
c. orient 40 min (middle)
p. orient 40 min (relay)
s. -
s. -

Nav komentāru: